Looking forward to 2017! Flicks will be March 19 & 26, April 2, 9 & 23. City Championship is May 6 & 7.
Welcome to the 2017 spring racing season!
- Entries / Registration – You must place all entries through www.RegattaCentral.com.
- Rosters – All Teams must submit a team roster on a PSRA Roster Form that can be downloaded here.
- Waivers – The PSRA will use the online waver, which can be accessed in March 2017. A rower’s waiver must be completed and submitted before he or she can race.
- Coaches Meeting – 90 minutes before racing begins at Gillin Boathouse.
- Weigh-ins – Lightweight Weighing will start at the 3rd flick (tentatively scheduled for 7 to 9 AM at the Gillen Boathouse and Vesper Boat Club (Download the weigh-in form.)
- Guest Crews – PSRA Regattas are open to all Permanent and Associate members of the PSRA. Guest Crews are welcome to compete in three of the five Flick races but not the City Championships. A Guest Crew must: be a scholastic team with all its members from one school; provide the PSRA with waivers for each rower, a letter verifying swimming ability (see Swim Test Requirement), and a letter certifying lightweight status for those competing in lightweight events (see Lightweight Policy); enter via Regatta Central and pay applicable fees. For more details, please see the PSRA Rule Book download. To compete as a Guest Crew, please contact a PSRA officer (see Governance page of this site.)
- Lightweight Policy – The PSRA strongly advocates for the safety of lightweight weight rowers competing in the all PSRA regattas. In order to prevent possible injury (or worse) to any athlete, the PSRA is requiring all teams competing in lightweight events to submit a Lightweight Certification Letter to the PSRA before any lightweight rower can compete. This certification ensures that an athlete has been weighed at least four weeks prior to competition and has been medically cleared to compete safely at the prescribed lightweight limits. All schools must submit proof of Lightweight Certification for all competing lightweight athletes.
- Swim Test Requirement – All schools must submit proof of swimming proficiency for all competing athletes. PSRA Teams must download and submit this Swim Test Form; Guest Crews may submit the same form or a a letter from the school stating the names of all students competing and that all have passed a swimming proficiency test.
- Gender Specific Racing – Gender Specific Racing will begin with the 3rd Flick. Boys will race in the mornings and girls in the afternoons at the 3rd and 5th Flicks; girls will race in the morning and boys will race in the afternoon at the 4th Flick.
- Scratch Fees – A scratch fee equal the entry fee for that event at the Philadelphia City Championships will be assessed for each scratch entry, no exceptions. Scratch fees will be assessed on a rolling basis through the Flick Series and paid in full as part of the City Championship regatta entry
- WEIGH-IN FORM
- Please remember that smoking in prohibited in Fairmount Park and all parks in the City Of Philadelphia. We ask that you do not smoke at PSRA regattas.
- No drones are allowed at PSRA regattas.