FOR SPECIAL PARKING INFORMATION ON THE MAY 5, 2013 CITY CHAMPIONSHIP REGATTA, PLEASE VISIT THE NEWS PAGE.
- Address the needs of the athletes, coaches, and families participating in PSRA sponsored regattas.
- Address the concerns of the Philadelphia Police Department and Fairmount Park Commission regarding legal parking and traffic jams on Kelly Drive.
A portion of the passes will be allocated to regatta staff, referees, and permanent volunteers (those who agree to volunteer EVERY week).
The remaining passes have been allocated to the PSRA permanent and associate member schools in proportion to the size of each program. Each program has been notified of the number of passes available to them. Parking Passes will be collected at the gate for one-time entrance. There is no longer in/out permission.
- Diagonal Parking is permitted on the river side of the drive only
- Do not park on the grass.
- Do not park on the opposite side of the drive.
- Do not parallel park.
- Do not leave your car parked on Kelly Drive beyond one hour after the last race.
- All of these actions will result in parking tickets or towing of your vehicle.
In order to continue the long-standing tradition of parent involvement in local high school regattas, the PSRA has contracted for additional parking, available in Fairmount Park by following the Kelly Drive detour. Monitored parking will cost $12 per day.
PSRA has contracted with a bus company to provide a shuttle from the parking lots to the Canoe Club and the Grand Stands. Buses are anticipated to run every 15-25 minutes (depending on traffic) from approximately 8 a.m. until sometime after the last race.
Handicapped Parking: Spaces are reserved for those cars with handicapped tags near the Grandstands. A handicapped vehicle must have BOTH a PSRA parking pass and a handicapped tag to enter the Drive.
Who does NOT need a pass:
- Boat trailers and the towing vehicle
- School buses – must park south of the Columbia Bridge
- School vans – must park south of the Columbia Bridge
Trailers towed to a race with food stuffs, tents etc will only be admitted to the event if pulled by a vehicle with a pass. Two parking passes will be needed for these food trailers and their towing vehicles because they take up two parking spaces.
Golf cart transports are available at the entrance to assist in the movement of items to parent tents.
Buses should drop rowers off and then proceed up to paid parking where they can park at no charge or park on the non-river side of the drive past Columbia Bridge. All boat trailers must be parked in the Gillin Boathouse lot near Strawberry Mansion Bridge. Volunteers will be there to assist in the parking.